Homemade Nabeez – Tibbe Nabawi Series Recipe #2
Today for the Tibb E Nabawi Series, we are going to make homemade Nabeez. Nabeez is a simple recipe that consists of water and Manuka Raisans. It can also be prepared with fresh pitted dates, but will not be as sweet. Nabeez is a blessed drink and was one of the Prophet Muhammad (saw)’s favourite drinks.
From Sunan Abu Dawood ~ Book of drinks – Narrated Ad-Daylami: “We came to the Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam) and said to him: O Apostle of Allah, you know who we are, from where we are and to whom we have come. He said: To Allah and His Apostle. We said: Apostle of Allah, we have grapes; what should we do with them? He said: Make them raisins. We then asked: What should we do with raisins? He replied: Steep them in the morning and drink in the evening and steep them in the evening and drink in the morning. Steep them in skin vessels and do not steep them in an earthen jar, for it is delayed in pressing, it becomes vinegar.”
Benefits of Nabeez:
Nabeez is known to help combat IBS, stiff shoulder, kidney stones, migraines and headaches, diabetes and enlarged prostate.
You can see how such a simple recipe has so many benefits.
Now let us learn how to prepare Nabeez.
You can watch the full recipe here:
Here is what you will need:
- 200g of Manuka Raisans.
- 6 cups of water
- Begin by washing the raisins well. Rinse them at least two times to ensure that they are clean.
- Take the clean raisins and put them in a jug or pitcher.
- Add the 6 cups of water with the raisins and let the jug sit covered on the counter overnight (preferably between Isha and Fajr).
- In the morning, use a stick blender to blend the raisins and water, and the Nabeez is ready to drink!
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Nabeez should be consumed within two days of being made. You can tell if the Nabeez should not be consumed if it has an odd smell or tastes off (like alcohol). If it is hotter in your house, it may go bad faster so you can put it in the fridge after blending.
- If you want to make the Nabeez with dates, use four large dates and remove the pits and continue the recipe as mentioned above.
- There are seeds in the Manuka raisins. You can remove them as you drink the Nabeez.
- If you do not have a stick blender, you can use a regular blender.